The information we collect is to help provide our services to you in a complete and secure manner. This is collected at the time of your interaction with us, either via our website or app or via offline interactions when you purchase a ticket from box offices operated by us.
The information collected falls under the following categories:
Why we collect the information
- Contact information: full name, email address, mobile/contact number, mailing address, social media login details only if that is used by you to login or share event information on your social profiles
- Device information: Device and general IP address, browsing patterns and history when using our website or app. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible
- Financial information: credit/debit card /netbanking or account information only as a passthrough to the banking sites to complete the transaction, per mandated 3D secure guidelines
We collect information for the various functions mentioned below
- Transaction completion: The above information is collected in order to successfully process your order, provide you with a proof of purchase and also for customer service related to your order and transaction.
- Information / Updates: To send pertinent and important information related to the events for which you have purchased tickets such as timing changes, cancellations, venue box office changes etc so as to keep you updated
- Marketing emailers and/or surveys: Information on upcoming/new events as well as any surveys to better understand how to customize our services or those of our Event Organizer partners
- Personalization: To be able to personalize our services to you such as which types of events you may be interested in, in the future, or what types of value added services you would like to purchase
- Security of and for the Event Organizer operations: This includes data as needed by security agencies from time to time, to secure the venue or counter any threats. This also includes information needed to prevent frauds
- Opting out: You have the ability to opt out of marketing emailers and surveys by clicking on “unsubscribe from the list” at the bottom of our communications which is a standard feature on all our marketing communications. Please note that while this will stop all future marketing emails, transaction history with the associated contact and device details will still be retained
- Personal information correction: Request for correction in your contact and other details stored with us per above
- Erasure: You have the right to request for your information to be deleted from the site. Please send an email to email@example.com if you opt for this
- Object to processing of your personal data: where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms
Kyazoonga reserves the right to deny you any of the above rights and may provide an explanation as required by applicable laws. Exceptional circumstances include where:
- Acting on your request pursuant to the above rights would result in Kyazoonga being in violation of any statutory or regulatory provisions
- An investigating authority or government institution objects to Kyazoonga complying with a customer’s request,
- The information may, in our reasonable discretion and/or assessment, affect the life or security of an individual, or
- Personal Information is collected in connection with an investigation of a breach of contract, suspicion of fraudulent activities or contravention of law
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do soData retention
Your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you the Website and App. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Website or App.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: please see the section on Your rights above. In certain cases, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.Data sharing
Who we share data with and why are as below
- Within the Kyazoonga group of companies
- Any third party service providers such as hosting or cloud computing who provide the IT infrastructure where our data is stored and/or on which the services are build
- Event Partners to enable them to run their event per their Privacy Policies. In such instances we will explicitly inform you during the purchase process to get your consent. You will also have the option to opt out of their marketing emailers
- Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law
- Any successor to all or part of our business
- Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you (e.g. ticket insurance or merchandise) so that they can process and fulfil your orders.